Grand Junction Home Buyers
Thank you for visiting grandjunctionhomesguide.com buyer's resources page. I've put this page together to give you the tools needed to make the right buying decision. Call me at (970) 261-1686 to see how I can help, or take a look at the resources on this page to make sure you have the best buyer experience possible.
Do you know that I can show you any home on the market, including homes not listed by me or my RE/MAX office?
Understanding Agency and Transaction Broker Relationships
What do you want from a REALTOR®? Do you want a REALTOR© who is willing and able to tell you that something is priced "too high" or "too low" or is a "good value"? Do you want a REALTOR© who can identify and exploit weaknesses and leverage the other party to get a better deal? Do you want somebody to provide you with the benefit of their market experience, knowledge and expertise? Unfortunately, the only way you can properly get the benefit of all the the things you want and expect is for you to engage the REALTOR® as your "agent" through an Exclusive Right agreement.
For nearly 20 years, Colorado has offered only two types of brokerage relationships between a REALTOR® and a consumer. They are: "transaction broker" and "agent". A transaction broker is not able to advocate, advise, or "fight" for you due to the explicit limitations of transaction brokerage in license law. A transaction broker is not allowed to do any of the things that you EXPECT. A transaction broker is relegated to the role of a paper pusher who can prepare Commission-approved contracts, present offers, and keep the parties informed as to dates and deadline. In essence, you want to buy and the seller wants to sell and a transaction broker prepares the documents without regard to sale price, concessions, repairs etc. You as the buyer will be making all the decisions yourself. Many real estate agents work as transaction brokers and buyers do not understand the difference.
I am an ABR®, Accredited Buyers Representative and I offer full service to my clients. I understand the market from a buyer's perspective and will look out for for your interests. Only two percent of all REALTORS® are ABR designees. For more information read "ABR Which Level of Service Do You Want?
Buying a home in the grand valley
What criteria is important to you when purchasing a home? Location, views, school district, or commute to work? Let me know by contacting me on the form below and I can begin helping you to find the perfect home.
Home Buyer's Guide and Tools
- Search Homes Right Now: Use the search tool to browse the array of single-family homes, luxury homes, town homes and condominiums on our local real estate market.
- Register for the Home Finder and let your dream home come to you. As a member you can create saved searches, save any listing to your account and be the first to know about new listings.
- Buying A Home brush up on the steps and checklists to make the transaction as easy as possible. Get all your questions answered.
- First-Time Buyer? Learn more about the process of buying your first home and special financing options available to you.
- Learn About the Community and homes in the surrounding area before you invest. Read my extensive posts and community information about the neighborhoods and best places to live.