Buyer's Home Loan Toolkit
Before you start to look at homes use the Buyer's Home Loan Toolkit to empower you for the home buying process. The Buyer's Home Loan Toolkit is a 25 page booklet prepared by the CFPB Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to help you take control over your economic life.
The Home Buyer's Home Loan Toolkit is FREE
How can this toolkit help you?
Buying a home is exciting and, let's face it, complicated. This booklet is a toolkit that can help you make better choices along your path to owning a home.
After you finish the toolkit:
- You will know the most important steps you need to take to get the best mortgage for your situation.
- You will better understand your closing costs and what it takes to buy a home
- You will see a few ways to be a successful homeowner.
To make the most of your mortgage, you need to decide what works for you and then shop around to find it. In section one, you will find eight steps to get the job done right:
- Define what affordable means to you
- Understand your credit
- Pick the mortgage type that works for you
- Choose the right down payment for you.
- Understand the tradeoff between points and interest rates
- Shop with several lenders
- Choose your mortgage
- Avoid pitfalls and handle problems
- Shop for mortgage closing services
- Review your revised Loan Estimate
- Understand and use your Closing Disclosure
The Home Buyer's Toolkit has all the worksheets to help you estimate your total monthly home payment, and track your loan offers.
Ask for your free copy